Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends!
Here is a short list of the things I am thankful for:
- my children. my 2 boys have no serious health issues and seem quite happy. I am very thankful for that.
- The old Guy. I am thankful Scooter is healthy at his elderly equine age without any health issues.
- the things that come together that make my lifestyle what it is (hubby, his employment). I am thankful that I do not have to work outside of the home. I have a nice home, some land, and a barn. The only thing that ever really made me happy in life was being with horses and being in the country, that is what I have.
- The U.S. Military. I am very thankful to our Military and their families that are making sacrifices to ensure our Freedom and to stop terrorism. The USA is the best place on Earth to live.
- My family and friends. I am thankful for all of my family and friends, they make my world a better place.
Yesterday morning, I was getting busy in the kitchen cooking pies for today, when I glanced out the back door window looking for the Old Guy. Instead, I saw this big, fat red -tailed hawk in the pasture. Then it flew onto the fence. I ran and got my camera, then snapped a quick picture. Sorry, no time for ZOOM, as soon as I cracked the door he was ready to take flight. I guess he is taking care of the field mouse poplulation around here.
Yesterday I also saw the little gray cat. I have been leaving a bit of dog chow out for him. He’s been eating it. Late one night, I saw him in the porch light at the dish. Elvis no longer barks at him.
I am serving homemade Indian Fry Bread with my turkey/ham dinner. I will be the first to admit, I am by far a good cook. But, one of the things I can make is Indian Fry Bread that’ll melt in your mouth! I am serving it with a big vat of local honey.
I will leave y’all with my favorite quote. Yes, I know you’ve read it a million times, but it is my favorite quote.
“My forefathers didn’t come over on the Mayflower, but they met the boat.”
– Will Rogers