This is me today but louder with hair…..
My day got off to a banner start. Here is how it has been so far in chronological order:
1. hubby makes enough noise at 5:30 am to wake me up. Then lamely apologizes and asks for breakfast. JERK!
2. After I get hubby shoved out the door to work, then get son#1 up and in the shower, I run out to the barn to check on the Old Guy. He does not greet me with a whinny, he has most of his last nights feed left inside his bucket (very not good), and it appears he has just shuffled his hay around into a big mess. He did drink water tho. I put a bit of sweet feed into a bucket to tempt the Old Guy but he was not interested in it, he just wanted me to stand by him, which I did not have time for. I grabbed a brush and gave his coat a quick swipe. Now I am more than concerned, I am overcome with a sick worried feeling.
3. I get Wee One dressed and we get on the road to town to drop son #1 at school. I stop at the little local store when we get into our tiny town so I can cash a check for Son #1’s lunch money and pick up a 12 pk of coke. While I am sitting in the car waiting for son #1 inside the store, Wee One decides to CRAP HIS PANTS! As the smell starts to drift into the front of the car, Wee One says, “Dont crap your britches, poopy in the potty.” It is only 7:30 am and Wee One has been on the potty 4X since getting up at 6:30 am. The last time being 15 seconds before we walked out the door and he vehemently denied needing to potty. So, we have to turn around, speed back home and take care of mr. nasty ass (we still have a 15 minute one way ride to the school). By now, I am getting into a really foul mood but trying not to show it. At least son #1 was being well-behaved unlike his bratty little brother. We barely make it in time to school but Son #1 was not late.
4. Wee One and I make it back home. I jump in the shower while he is watching the backyardigans and dancing with his Pablo doll in the living room. I exit the shower and go search for him because he is no longer dancing around with Pablo but in the kitchen hollering, “sheep!” I find him up on top of the cook stove looking down into the burner. He points to his sheep he shoved down inside while I was in the shower. It did not melt because he blew out all of the pilots. Agh! I was not in the shower longer than 4 minutes. OMG! this kid has to give me a break-geesh.
5. After I get dressed for the day, I look out the window to check on the Old Guy. I see him laying down in an unusual spot. I set Wee One up at the table with all of his play doh stuff and go outsode to get the Old Guy on this feet. I walk to the back pasture and he does not rise until I rub his back and urge him to do so (very not good). Then he gets up and just stands there, I walk away a bit, he still just stands there looking at me. I walk up to where I threw a fresh flake of hay on the ground hoping he’ll be tempted, he is slowly walking towards it. I reach the gate, as I open it, The Old Guy whinnys at me, then starts to trot slowly in my direction. He stops at the hay and nibbles, then goes to his feed bucket and munches a tiny bit. I come inside and place a call to the vet who is still out of town but is supposed to call me asap. Gah! I hate this.
6. I also happen to have a piercing ear ache from hell. I am going to take 2 extra strength tylenol and lay down, please wake me up when 2008 starts. Because, 2007 has sucked so far.
I wont post again until I have something nice to say…………………….
catch ya later.