** warning: disturbing photos at bottom**
This is the last week of school for Son #1. Unfortunately for him, on the last day (Fri) he has to stay at school until 5PM for a math proficiency exam.
Son #1 was first scheduled to take the exam with 3 other junior high students on 5/31. He will be away all week at Church Camp. Another girl the same age as Son #1 who lives near us is also going to be away, luckily their Math teacher is willing to give them the exam on Friday. Son #1 is excited about taking a high school class and getting a high school credit already. He has asked to meet with his school guidance counselor to see about any other classes he is able to advance in and get the credits. I am happy Son #1 is motivated about his schooling.
Nothing like putting the pressure on these kids. When the letter and permission slip came home for Son #1 to take this new Math exam, it was stated in bold letters in the letter: This exam will definitely have impact on the students Valedictorian and Salutatorian status.
I thought it meant graduating from Junior High-nope. The school meant High School.
Hubs was Valedictorian of his graduating class. I know Son #1 is aiming at the same goal. It would be wonderful if he is able to achieve it when he graduates from High School. If not, that’s okay too.
Burg , another Oklahoma blogger and cool chica has tagged me with the Old Lady MeMe.
When I am an old woman I hope to:
1. Still be able to ride, care for, and enjoy horses.
2. Have my family around me but not so much they get on my nerves.
3. Do what I want, when I want.
4. Live where I do now, in a quiet, rural place…..unless people start moving out near me, then I’ll have to relocate to a more desolate place on the countryside. People irritate the hell outta me now at 38 yo, I am only getting worse as I age.
5. Sit back on my porch in the breeze, gaze upon my pasture of beautiful horses, smile to myself, and think “damn, I’ve had a good life.”
When I am an old woman I will not:
1. Smell like medicinal liniment no matter how crippled up I am. Nor will I be enveloped in a cloud of strong smelling old lady perfume that has the faint underlying tinge of cat urine…..many Avon scents smell like that to me and always have, ack.
2. Sit around watching daytime TV or parked in a recliner all darn day. Unless the weather is crap and I have a really good book to read.
3. Clean house continually.
4. Put up with people’s BS. I’ll be old, my patience for other’s BS will be zilch.
5. Dress like this, run around in the public, and think I appear sexy:
Now I tag whoever wants to be tagged with the Old Lady MeMe…….