My Mother-In-Law (mil) is a dear, sweet, woman.
In all of the 18 years I have known her, I have never heard her utter a cuss word or raise her voice in anger.
Hubs and his sibs have never witnessed their parents fighting….weird, huh? and they are just as dysfunctional as the next family.
Anyhow, my mil was bitten by a spider on her back over a week ago. Most likely the culprit was a Brown recluse spider- also known as a fiddleback spider .
Luckily, mil got herself to her doctor quickly and is doing much better. She is still taking meds for it and has a follow up appointment to see if any dead flesh needs additional removal. I gave her my Orkin man’s phone number.
A few days after that incident, mil was home alone sitting at her kitchen table and saw a 5ft black snake trying to get thru one of the window screens on one of the kitchen windows. She called me to come and ‘dispose‘ of it but just as mil was telling me goodbye, my father-in-law returned home from shopping and dealt with the trespasser by shovel. Dang, I was all excited about getting to shoot and kill something!
The in-laws have many bird feeders in their backyard, it is a haven for birds of all kinds so I am inclined to think the black snake was looking for a meal. Normally, mil would not have gotten spooked by a black snake or wanted it dead but it was trying like heck to get inside the kitchen windows, moving along and trying to bump the screens and the 220 AC window unit with it’s snout. FIL said he never saw anything like it in all of his 77 years, strange snake.
Recently I was tagged by Grail over at Just some grail . The MeMe goes like this:
I have to tell you 9 things that you don’t know about me, only 8 of them are true. Can you guess which one is not?
Geesh, like I have anything left to confess that y’all do not already know…..
1. I am not a natural blonde but I am a blonde
2. I can cuss fluently in French
3. I went sky diving when I was 18 years old
4. Before I was reincarnated into my current life, I was a poor sheep herder in Brazil
5. When I was young and wild, best friend L. and I out ran the police on our horses when we were riding home at bar closing time. They visited us the next morning, we werent in trouble like we thought we were…..we had witnessed a bar fight and they needed our statements
6. I love all kinds of mushrooms, the edible kind…not the psychadelic kind but no one else in my family will eat them, not even on pizza
7. Once a girl kissed me on the mouth when we were dancing in a group at a party to a Bon Jovi song. I was 17, it freaked me out and I shoved her to the floor. I knew this girl since Brownies for chrissakes, I dont care if it was the 1st time she was EVER drunk, ewww.
8. Most of the time, I like my horse Scooter more than anyone I know
9. One of my favorite colors is black
Do you know which one is a lie?
I’ll let you know the answer tomorrow…