The last few days I’ve had some things on my mind.
1. Best friend L’s 16 yo daughter has made the decision (after doing lengthy research over 1 year) that she wants to become Catholic. She has asked me to sort of guide her. I am at a loss. I told R and her mother I would help. I have already checked into Catechism for R. She can attend in a few weeks.
R asked me about attending Mass this weekend. I never really gave her a definite answer. Im not sure I can bring myself to attend Mass without feeling like a hypocrite.
2. Scooter received a clean bill of health from the horse vet! She said he is in excellent health and at his perfect weight. She also said Scooter needs more exercise (she always says that!). I am still worried about his slight loss of weight, Scooter usually stays rather plump, sigh. I am back to daily lungings at a walk and trot, occasional lope. I keep the circles big, nothing tight or straining while turning on those old joints of his. This part of the day is Wee One’s highlight. Because, he gets to ride Scooter while Scooter is being exercised!
3. Last week a friend of mine, a respected police officer and our beloved dog, Elvis’s old groomer, passed away. I knew he had cancer. I guess I assumed he would kick cancer’s ass like he did his heart disease and his triple bypass surgery. I was wrong. They gave him 3 months to live and he lived 2 and 1/2 weeks. Cancer sucks. I hate cancer.
D’s mother has lung cancer and she isnt doing so well. She is back in the hospital. D is worried. I hope she pulls thru this bad spell again but it doesnt look good.
4. Over the weekend, I had someone who recently moved to the area from Mississippi contact me about boarding their horses for the winter. As bad as I need the cash, I am hesitant. Scooter is old and despite the fact that he is well vaccinated and healthy, I worry about his catching something like Strangles or The Fever from strange horses. Am I being paranoid? Maybe so but I cant stand the thought of him getting sick from something I could easily prevent.
I also am not too fond of having ‘people’ come and go freely about my place. Yep, I am anti-social.
I need to give the whole idea much more thought.
5. The hubs has been behaving much better. I guess he wants to continue living after all.
Marvin was watching a TV show called ‘The Secret Lives Of Cats’ (I think that was the name). He was meowing like crazy.
Scooter is back to lounging in the shade. The weather has returned into the 90’s. We had a nice cool break with 70 degrees but it didnt last long.