This photo I took yesterday evening when I came indoors from finishing my night chores.
I snapped it out the back doors. It looks great in my editor but when I uploaded it into PhotoBucket it is blurry.
It is almost the weekend!
I was doing my blog rounds. THE SMILING INFIDEL posted about a grocery cashier who was afraid of pineapples. Which lead me to thinking about silly fears and phobias.
So, I googled Phobias.
Boy oh boy did I Iearn a lot.
I have a phobia. I think.
I am uneasy about touching people, especially strangers. It is something I am very uncomfortable with. There is a name for this kind of phobia, it’s called Aphephobia.
Do YOU have a Phobia?
A phobia, (from Greek “fear”), is an abnormal, persistent fear of situations, objects, activities, of persons. The main symptom of this disorder is the excessive, unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject.
- Ablutophobia: Fear of washing or bathing. (ewww)
- Ailurophobia: Fear of cats. (don’t come to my house!)
- Ancraophobia: Fear of wind. (hope you live somewhere other than Oklahoma)
- Anglophobia: Fear of England or English culture, etc (aww, poor DickieBo)
- Botanophobia: Fear of plants. (the forest in The Wizard Of Oz scared the bejeesus outta me)
- Carnophobia: Fear of meat. (Ill take your serving of New York Strip)
- Chronomentrophobia: Fear of clocks. (good excuse for the constantly late people)
- Cibophobia: Fear of food. (how can I get this phobia? My ever widening behind would appreciate it)
- Decidophobia: Fear of making decisions. (Im gonna leave this one alone)
- Dendrophobia: Fear of trees. (refer the Botanophobia)
- Doraphobia: Fear of fur or skins of animals. (but Marvin is sooo soft)
- Ephebiphobia: Fear of teenagers. (anyone who has/had a teenager has this phobia. There is NO CURE)
- Equinophobia: Fear of horses. (blasphemy!)
- Geniophobia: Fear of chins. (make that double chins on myself)
- Helminthophobia: Fear of being infested with worms. (shoulda listened when your mother told you not to eat dirt)
- Lachanophobia: Fear of vegetables. (Wee One has this, he refuses to eat his veggies)
- Linonophobia: Fear of string. (I wonder how many knitting Grandmas have this?)
- Lutraphobia: Fear of otters. (but they are sooo cute and fun to watch!)
- Myxophobia: Fear of slime. (no explaination needed)
- neophobia: Fear of anything new. (a good phobia for kids to catch this time of year, Christmas)
- Nephophobia: Fear of clouds. (huh?)
- Novercaphobia: Fear of your step-mother. (I had this once, with good reason)
- Numerophobia: Fear of numbers. (whenever the bank statements come in)
- Octophobia: Fear of the figure 8. (I once exercized a horse who had this phobia)
- Papaphobia: Fear fo the Pope. (sinners should be)
- Paraskavedekatriaphobia: Fear of Friday the 13th. (Jason Vorhees is always stalking his next teenage camp victims on this day)
- Pediophobia: Fear of dolls. (Ive seen some pretty creepy dolls)
- Phronemophobia: Fear of thinking. (sometimes I have this ailment)
- Russophobia: Fear of Russians. (never, they make excellent Vodka)
- Scabiophobia: Fear of scabies. (umm, yeah. this makes sense)
- Selenophobia: Fear of the moon. (the man in the moon never hurt nobody)
- Technophobia: Fear of technology. (my computer knows this one)
- Zemmiphobia: Fear of the great mole rat. ( justified phobia, moles and rats are scary….a GREAT BIG mole rat being terrifying)
This post was done in fun. Do not take my jesting out of context.
Phobias can be serious to those who suffer from them.
Right now Ive got a few too many irons in the fire….which has caused me to be very busy.
About 10 minutes ago, the hubs wanders in the kitchen to where I am on the desktop computer. Hubs mentions quietly to me, he wants to get the boys Christmas shopping done on Sunday.
All of it.
We havent even decorated yet….
I am giving the Bah Humbugs a good fight.
Wish me strength!