I have been tagged by Callie over at MidWestHorse to list 6 quirks that my horse Scooter has.
1. When it is Scooter’s feeding time, he starts to foam at the mouth ( I mean foam A LOT, this is nothing compared to bit froth) and flop his tongue uncontrollably. He also works his jaws in a sideways sawing motion. If a person did not know any better, they would think Scooter was either:
a. having a seizure
b. had rabies
2. Scooter loves ‘people food’. Some examples: beef jerky, little debbie snack cakes, beer, soda, red hot candies, sandwiches. Whatever the closest human to him is consuming, he will want a taste. Scooter does have manners though and will not snatch food.
3. Scooter has several nice, new, sturdy, plastic feed buckets to eat his Equine Senior pellets out of. But, he prefers the BIG metal, wash tub to eat his feed out of. I figure, heck, he’s 29 yo Ill let him eat out of any bucket he wants as long as it isnt hurting him.
4. Scooter follows me around like a faithful dog. I can catch him anywhere, at any time. If we are out riding and I have to dismount and ground tie him, he will stay obediently where I put him.
5. Scooter loves to go. He will go anywhere, at anytime. He especially loves riding in the horse trailer. He tries to get inside it even when he isnt going anywhere.
6. Normally, whenever Scooter sees me, just me, he whinnies or nickers a greeting to me whether he is in the back of the 30 acres or standing up close to the house. I love, love this. I know he knows I am his human.
I hope y’all who were supposed to be voting today got out and casted your vote!
I braved the thunderstorms and made it to the polls……more on that later.