I just finished reading The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx.
I was smack in the middle of reading an awesome horror novel by a new writer, Joe Hill (maybe more about that awesome book later)……when a good friend gave me THD to read.
I randomly thumbed thru the book and had to read it right then. I finished THD in 2 days. Staying up well beyond my bedtime to read.
THD is not a book for the faint-hearted.
I cannot really say I ‘enjoyed” it, something not right about ‘enjoying’ someone’s mental and physical anguish even if they are a crazed rockstar. However, I am glad I read THD.
I have always been a fan of Motley Crue and especially Nikki Sixx.
Sixx is a very talented song writer….not to mention the hottest guy in the band.
Anyways, all I can say is –wow. Messed up.
All proceeds Nikki Sixx earns from this book go to a CovenantHouse charity for runaway kids.
Now, I am back to reading, Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill . A super horror tale so far!
I told everyone to take a damn nap and let me get some housework done. The cats were the only one’s who listened. wtf?
Marvin’s diet isnt going so well.
Earlier today, he was looking out the window by the kitchen sink and spotted the local feral cat cutting thru our lawn with a ginormous rat in his/her jaws. Marvin freaked out at the sight of him/her. I was wondering if he was freaking out over the feral cat or the dead rat (it was a big one!).
I said, “hey marv, thats what real cats do out in the big bad world.”
Marvin gave me a go to hell look, swished his tail and sauntered off leaving a huge tuft of hair in his wake for me to vacuum up. grrrrrr
Freddie needs to be on a diet too….
Lots of new foals around. They are so cute!
Things have been just plain busy around The Reservation these days.
* Bubba’s started his summer league baseball, had a double-header last nite out of town, we got home at 11:30 PM ON A FREAKIN’ SCHOOL NITE. Frack!! We won, Bubba played awesome. 2 runs, 5 RBI. Next game is home on Friday.
* The pool is ready for us to swim in. I havent been in it yet, it still smells a bit chloriney (is that a word?) hubs is checking the PH this afternoon durning a drilling break to see what it may/may not need.
* Bubba has a weekend job working at the roping arena-all weekends. Yipee for me! Between that and his 7 lawns to mow, he should be a busy kid.
* 8th grade graduation is Thursday afternoon. Wee One had better behave or else.
* Hubs has been working sorta long hours. They are drilling 2 new wells at one of his leases and he has to be there with the rigs. Once I almost thought I missed him but he called me for the 12th time that day and it went away…….that was meant to be sarcastic.
* Wee One takes 3 prescription pills for his allergies (chewables) in the morning. He sits at the counter with his breakfast and juice every morning and takes his meds. Yesterday morning, it was crazy around here at 7:15 am. I was loading the washing machine and talking to hubs on the phone when I came out of the laundry room and caught Wee One tossing his medicines down the central heat/air vent a foot away from the stool he was sitting on. WTF!?!?! Now I am back to standing over him while he takes his meds. Frack!