Scooter has a freezebrand. Now that the microchips are becoming popular, I hear more about those but I still am a huge fan of branding. A brand is out there for all to see and cannot be messed with…well, I suppose it can but not very successfully. Some horses are tattooed, mostly racing stock. This is going somewhere I promise.
Last week my friend thwarted her neighbor’s horses being stolen. I can’t go into any details I am privy to. The investigation is still ongoing and the perps are still incarcerated in the County jail, not only on horse thievery but on Federal Indian Nation warrants (it was Indian land where the crime occured). Also: possession of a dangerious substance with intent to distribute (meth), motor vehicle violations and the driver of the pick up truck was driving on suspension (idiots!).
Needless to say my friend doesnt wish to broadcast herself being involved in the big bust. It was her neighbor’s good fortune my friend had a dental appointment that morning and stayed home from work.
Have I mentioned that cattle and horse rustlers can still be hanged in Oklahoma? I know this for a fact from when I had a horse stolen in ’90. It isnt practiced because the laws are vague when challenged, dammit. I’ve written about that horrible experience of having a horse stolen here before. It is an awful feeling. I recovered mine but there are hundreds that are stolen and never find their way home.
These people here Stolen Horse International do an awesome job in aiding in the recovery of stolen horses and also help with tips on how to prevent it.
Enough times I find myself whining or complaining when I should not be. So, I am going to list some good things going on right now instead of b*tching about what isnt.
* Yesterday, Wee One and I were getting ready to go swimming, I came out of my bedroom wearing my swimsuit….more like a swimdress to cover up my fat *ss. Wee One exclaims, “Oh mama! you look so pretty in your suit!” Before you ask, YES his eyes have been checked! Love is blind, no?
* I paid off one of my charge accounts in full this week. Now my only debt is my Capitol One Mastercard with a balance of under $200. I suppose hubs (aka the money police) is worthy of his title The Money Police. If I could just not use my MC….
* It looks like we are going to Northern Michigan the end of July to visit my family! I am beyond thrilled about this!!!!!!! I havent been home to N.MI in nearly 2 years. I am so excited about our trip despite the fact that we have to drive and it is a very, very long trip.
* I have been doing a good job of saving $ on gas since school is out. Rain and nasty weather have canceled Bubba’s last 2 games and his practices (the field is too wet). Next week Bubba is off to football camp and then he has a baseball tournament (there goes my gas budget!).
* Wee One’s first reading group starts next week at the Library. This year’s theme is insects-exactly what Wee One loves. We are looking forward to it.
* I’ve quit being so obsessive about my house being clean. I have slacked off tremendously on being freakishly anal about it. I think the crazy medicine my MD has put me on has helped but it makes me sorta tired when I’d rather be manic. Suprisingly, no one seems to notice I am only vacuuming every other day except me.
* Wee One and I baked a cake this morning, he is ready to frost it now. I hope this gluton-free cake mix tastes better than the last one we made….it looks good.
* Today the sun is out!